View Single Post
Old 05-09-09, 10:02 PM   #1
BillyBubble
Watch

Downloads: 331
Uploads: 0
Default Most recent Jutland update

Hi Bullethead & SES team, hi All !

First of all many thanks for that great game !
I bought it some days ago after playing a while with the Demo (plus the DG demo year/s ago) and must say I'm impressed about its whole content and how it has envolved since DG 1.0.

One of the features I am really glad of is the possibilty to have the campaign mode run at realtime, and I mean that literally :-)
Call me silly but this is a feature I missed so much with most, if not all, strat games I know.
Yes I'm sure some of you may find this "passion" a bit irritating and yes, of course, I do use time compression, lol.. but just to comment this a bit, here is the reason why I like the 1:1 realtime feature so much: For me it gives the freedom to explore loads of aspects and content of the campaign mode WHILE it is running and the game/action is actually unfolding... I'm no historian, relatively new to that aera and to tha naval aspect at all, so particularly I like to study and memorize all of the Taskforce details while they are actually on the way or on station, or in port and all this WHILE the game is in progress.

well, until today ... when a new feature has made it into the game which auto pauses it each time a drop down info pops up when hovering the mouse above a Taskforce icon ...
I can imagine it's been requested for some reason to avoid a sudden switch to battlemode or something while studying the drop down info.. but at timescale 1 this should not really be of an issue, is it ?

Dear folks at SES, BulletHead, please switch that feature off, AT LEAST for 1:1 timescale, or make it an *option* in the gamesettings !
I don't see a reason for force-pausing the game on the slowest timescale, especially when just *hovering* for an info. My personally experience is it ruins exact what made me so happy with the campagin mode - the fluent game experience/imagination. Sorry, I know its kinda nitpicking, but I'm just too frustrated atm to keep quiet, I must say.

Honestly, you'd make this poor ol' strategy & war game fan more than happy to have one of his most beloved features back untouched for that gem of a game he finally found

Well, since I already started about issues, please let me point out some other ones I stumbled upon sofar:

• DirextX: when the display mode is switched (and initialized) form fullscreen to windowed, and is turned back (and initialized) to fullscreen mode afterwords, the game crashes with an exception error (usually with a black screen here). My gfx system: nvidia 8800 GTX /forceware 1.82 driving a 1920x1200 TFT. I can reproduce this bug in campaign mode, the CTD happens when I switch back to the campagin map, but I believe it happened while in BattleMode once or twice also.
  • windowed mode: Theres only one possible resolution I can choose of, its a strange 1016 x 741 ! On my 1920 widescreen monitor this looks kinda bit lost of a format ... well ok, my eyes are getting old
  • Battle mode: after a couple of minutes, all ships engine sounds vanish. I hope this isn't intended, but if it is, may I opt for another user setting here (engine sound on/off) ? However, for me it looks rather like a sound glitch, can it be ?

Hope I did not too much of a nagging here as I believe the game deserves quite the contrary, but maybe some usefuleness and constructivity weigh out the critics and eventually add even more to quality and fun of Jutland.

Thanks again &

cheers

-BB

Last edited by BillyBubble; 05-09-09 at 10:12 PM.
BillyBubble is offline   Reply With Quote