Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolittle81
Have your read my earlier post in this thread for the possible solution to your problem? I also had no probs with VISTA and SH4 1.4, but the CTD's began occurring with 1.5. Drivers 174.93 solved my problems.
Yes, I read it and I have been thinking whether I download that driver yet or not. I'm a little suspicious to BETA releases and I usually wait for the release version. But maybe I could give it a try, thanks for your help.
Now I tried it. It didn't fix the problem, though. On explosion I'm getting a black screen which results in a complete system freeze where the reset button is the only solution.
From my own experience....try disabling Pacific Environment 2 (or the just today released PE3) and using instead the W_Clear's Environment 4.3.

See my post here in the Pacific Environment thread:

Quote:
It is with HUGE regret that I must now report that I also have the Crash to Black Screen of Death at the first explosion, even just the first minor shell hit on my Sub from a DD...(and even though I am only in periscope view, not external view of an actual explosion...which somehow leads me to think it is NOT a graphics issue at all). I had this prob some time ago shortly after installing SH4 1.5 and thought after much experimentation that I'd cured it by installing the Nvidia 174.93 drivers. However, I realize now that I was not observant or scientifically precise in my research methodology. I had also been playing around trying out W_Clear's Environment MOD at the same time.

I now conclude that I cannot run PE3 (nor the earlier PE 2) with SH4 1.5. I tried PE3 with all in-game graphics Options ON, and also with Each and all of PP and Envronment FX and Volumetric Fog turned OFF, singly and/or enmasse. Always the Crash to BSOD. BUT, when I re-enable Environ4.3 instead of PE3, everything runs just fine with all Graphics Options ON.

As I said, I very much regret not being able to use PE3 with SH4 1.5. Not a MODder myself, but isn't there some way to discover what files differ between the W_Clear Environment MOD and PE3...to help determine what might be causing the supposed extra strain on 8800GTX 768MB cards (seemingly the only card effected) or any other cause of the BSOD only with PE3 plus SH4 1.5, not with Environ 4.3??....and again it is only with PE plus 1.5 as there is absolutely no problem with PE2 or PE3 enabled with SH4 1.4.

PE3 and all its options and with all in-game graphic options maxed out, works just lovely with SH4 1.4.

Go figure. It's way over my head to decipher.
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote