AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Here is a new one on me. I did not change a thing with my system. I use a 7800 gs. I fired up the game and was getting 12-14 FPS while looking at the sub or on the bridge view. Looking anywere else and I got 18 FPS. Normally on the bridge and outside view I get 25 FPS or more. I reinstalled the current Nvidia drivers that did no good. I eventually reduced by in game screen resolution and all was well. I was then getting 30+ FPS. I never experienced this before. Anyone else have this happen?
Why would your 7800 have lower fps than my 7600GT? I thought they were supposed to be faster.

Your fps might change based on the number of background programs and processes you are running. Yesterday, mine fell to 19 until I rebooted and then was back to 38 again. I was back and forth between SH4, Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, Thunderbird, Firefox and a big huge java applet (is there any other kind of java applet?) for the EVGA website applying for my RMA on my second detonated graphics card. Bad electrolytic capacitor again.
Not sure RR. My kids and wife were on the computer most of the day. Playing all sort of stuff. I went to play and my FPS dropped for no good reason. I cleaned up internet junk. Cleaned up the registry and defrag as it said it needed it. Reboot and still the same. Usually doing that does the trick. I reinstalled the drivers and still the same 18 fps. It seemed locked on 18 fps. I reduced the in game resolution by one notch and I was looking at 30+ FPS in outside view. It was a steady 30+ also. Very strange. I'm cool if it stays at 30+ FPS. I will see what happens tonight.