View Single Post
Old 03-18-23, 05:12 PM   #28
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I see your Jackson has a reverse head stock. It also looks like it has a Floyd Rose Tremolo / bridge. I also see a Marshall head unit in the back.
All correct. The Marshall is an MG100 HDFX with clean and "overdrive" (distortion) channels and built-in delay, chorus and flange. The cabinet is a slant with four 12s. They're a few feet away from me as I type this. After my processor died, I just used the amp effects and it sounded just as good. So the only pedal I used after that was the channel switcher/effects on-off that came with the amp.

The Jackson also had lock-nuts at the nut, so once it was tuned, it stayed in tune almost indefinitely. I loved the Floyd Rose because I could bend notes down and up with no whammy bar (even though the Jackson came with one). But as anyone who's ever used one knows: changing to a different tuning is a nightmare. Every time you loosen one string, the rest tighten and vice versa. So anytime I needed to be in a different tuning, I just used a different guitar. And changing strings requires a stack of business cards to be shoved under the bridge to prevent it from collapsing into the body. My guitar tech absolutely hated it.

A guy from another band recorded a few of our shows and put them on YouTube. But trust me when I say you can do without seeing/hearing them. We weren't very good.