View Single Post
Old 09-16-17, 11:53 AM   #8680
BBQ
Nub

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Hello everyone -- been a LONG time since I've tried to get SH5 going again. Definitely put a smile on my face when I saw that this community is still thriving. So I'm trying to do the install -- I'm on Windows 7, so thought I at least had that going for me! I downloaded and re-bought SH5 from amazon digital download, gold edition. I completed install with no problems, then immediately patched using the updater exe in the support folder. That also completed successfully. Here's where things started to go wrong -- this whole UPlay thing. I put in my ancient Ubisoft credentials (still worked from way back when), and it kept downloading updates to the uplay launcher -- but when it was apparently finished, and I tried to launch SH5, it said it couldn't find some browser thing, and stopped right there. I looked at settings, and I selected Offline mode thinking that would help, but to no avail. I figured I needed to login somewhere, as at no time did install ask me for the serial number/activation key I got from Amazon.

The reason I tried to launch game -- I saw in instructions that after patching with Ubisoft patch, to run it one time and exit right back out before proceeding with TWoS. I was so frustrated I uninstalled everything (SH5 and Uplayer launcher) via Add/Remove Programs, and that's where I stand. I think I want to give it another go -- but nowhere in the detailed instructions here, does it mention Uplay launcher, or whatever that Ubisoft launcher software is. (or I completely missed it) Any ideas from anyone?

To clarify, I never got through the step of being able to launch the stock game (after patching using updater in support folder).

Should I have tried to launch the game first, before patching it?

Thanks, and good to be back,

BBQ
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote