Old 02-14-21, 12:44 AM   #870
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschilla View Post
Not sure what you mean by "library" but when I consult the Control Panel for Programs it lists Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific Uboat Missions right down to the punctuation. Is it just me or does it seem strange that they wouldn't put the version number somewhere fairly prominent?
When you are logged into 'Steam's' game launcher... at the very top of the menu box that opens up... Library is like... the 2nd in the list from left to right... 3rd, if you count the 'back/forward arrows. (See attached snap shot w/ Library, circled in red...)

While in the launcher.. clicking on the top tab at the very tip top of the launcher tagged 'Steam', will open up a sub-menu & in it.. is the choice of selecting 'Settings'... in choosing that, opens up another sub-menu, & in that 1, is the option of choosing 'Downloads'.

Upon opening that up, is the sub-menu, yet again & from there, can select 'Contents ''Library'' ', which is where you can then select, just where Steam installs any & all games through them, to a spot in your C:\ Drive, (or other drive, for that matter... ) & you can tell it to set up 'that' library any where... but NOT in \Program files or \Program files (x86) avoiding them, like the plague...

This was what I meant, when I was referencing Library & that you could then direct it out from & away from \Program files or \Program files (x86)

Hopefully, this has helped... clear up your not being sure of what was meant by 'Library'...

As for seeing which version it is you have installed as to it being v1.4 or v1.5, perhaps propbeanie or Fifi.. or KaleunMarco, can inform you on that.. as for Me.. am drawing a blank on that aspect.

Other than knowing that 'Steam' does have both of those versions & that others can make the mistake of thinking they have v1.5, when instead that have v1.4 installed.

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 02-14-21 at 01:12 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote