Old 04-05-07, 10:07 AM   #58
ACSoft
Soundman

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittelwaechter
Thanks for your answer, Mush Martin.

Maybe I didn't explain my qustions good enough.
I know the editor very well and I scripted some SinglePlayerMissions when patch 1.2 was in the line...

I did my "research" for triggering a "spawn unit" event some twenty months ago but failed to success.
ACSoft describes a solution for this problem, but I want to make sure it is a "trigger" for an "event" as the editor defines those values. If so I'd like to understand the procedure.

Is it a players action based trigger or is it a time based trigger?

ACSoft?

Yes, you can "trigger" spawn of units or groups

Here is a pratical example:

Create a test mission, let say to date 1.9.1942

In front of your submarine close to it (1 km), create a small zone you may name, for example, "SpawnMyUnit".

Now, create the unit "MyUnit" to be triggered WITH AN ENTRY DATE IN THE FUTURE, let say 30.9.1942 AND AT A DISTANCE OF MINIMUM 25 TO 30 KM OF THE POSITION YOUR SUBMARINE WILL BE, WHEN ENTERING INTO THE ZONE.

Now, create a trigger "MyTrigger" of type "Reach Zone" using zone "SpawnMyUnit".

Finally, create an Event of type "Update instance", option "Spawn", instance name "MyUnit" and triggered by "MyTrigger".

If you want to check it work, you have a problem, because to found and survey a precise location at about 25 to 30 km of the submarine is not easy, especially with an invisible unit !!! So do the following:

Create a chain of small fishing boat going to the position of your "MyUnit", with the last fishing boat close to your unit.

Now, run your test mission, follow your chain of fishing boat with external free camera, start your submarine full ahead and wait. You will see that your unit will spawn, when the submarine reach the zone. If not, your unit is probably too close.

You might improve this test by also creating a message Event, triggered by "MyTrigger", so you will know when zone is reached.

In this example, we use a "Reach Zone Trigger" to trigger the spawn, but of course any other type of trigger will also do the job, AS LONG AS THE DISTANCE BETWEEN YOUR SUB AND THE UNIT IS FAR ENOUGH, WHEN THE TRIGGER TURN ON.

Hope this help,

ACS
ACSoft is offline   Reply With Quote