Old 09-26-20, 12:12 PM   #5611
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

December 26, 1939
Entry Log: 005
Kptlt Erich Hante

We have completed our fourth war patrol after having been at sea for over a month. We sank 60,623 GRT for this patrol, earning me the Knights Cross! The rest of my crew was decorated with all sorts of medals for valor and such. The BdU and Flottenchief are talking about retiring me to a training command or flotilla command, no way will I accept that! I thrive on the frontlines, not behind a desk!
Morale is extremely high among us. Sailors at the nightclub are talking about how the seas will be ours sooner than later, others curse the detenators on the torpedoes, we had two duds on the T3 tanker we attacked, but luckily the third torpedo detonated and sank her.
1940 is nearing, hopefully we will get a new boat or some sort of upgrade. I wish I don't get a type IX, they are too big and clubersome to be of much use, and they are extremely noisy.
I can sense that a promotion will be coming soon, hopefully I don't get retired either!
My current decorations are:
Iron Cross Second Class
Iron Cross First Class
Uboat War Badge
Knights Cross

We await new orders from the BdU.

Signed,
Erich Hante

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote