View Single Post
Old 01-23-20, 04:43 PM   #1
dashyr
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 181
Uploads: 0
Default TMO + RSRDC Sharing what I learned so far. [Will be updated as time goes on]

First, I only sunk two ship outside of training. If you are expecting help with manual TDC... Don't hold your breath. XD

But, I did learn a couple of things when it comes to approaching enemy waters. And stealth in general.

1- Do not use ahead standard. Find out the optimal cruise speed of your sub to maximize your effective range.

2- If you want to feel safe, travel underwater during the day. No matter where you are at. Also helps a bit conserve fuel.

3- One thing that helped me a LOT avoiding air patrol while saving time. Draw a 500nm circle around the closest enemy bases to you. You are WAY more likely to encounter air patrols within those ranges. This rule is NOT absolute but I did notice the risks skyrockets when I get within these ranges. So, draw those circles as a reminder of when you enter truely dangerous territory and consider that from then, traveling on the surface during day is suicide.

4- Incoming plane? Crash Dive. Do not even think of periscope depth. If you are playing TMO and dont have air radar, they most likely already are beelining for your position. Follow tip 3 as most as you can since even if you crash dive. They might get a lucky hit.
dashyr is offline   Reply With Quote