View Single Post
Old 03-19-11, 02:57 PM   #5
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280
Uploads: 0

CCIP, I just remembered that the Panzer IV was built to be the infantry tank and the Panzer III to be the tank fighter, but their roles were switched.

Freiwillige, The T-34 was designed for the terrain it fought on, it had a wide stance, with wide tracks, as well as the fact they put the turret right in its center of gravity to keep it from nosing or tailing into the mud. a very efficient and, I think someone here said it, ambitious design.

The Germans didn't fare well in the mud of Russia simply because it was a war that Hitler didn't think of fighting back when the tanks were designed, the Tiger was outright too heavy and even though it had wide tracks it bogged down because the turret was planted ahead of its center of gravity.

but we aren't talking about the Tiger, are we?

Frinik, the T-34/76 you speak of, the commander had to be the GUNNER, not the loader. I prefer it because instead of having someone else calling targets for me to shoot at, or me having to trust someone else to shoot, I can do both! But, I'm basing my experience off of simulation and thus, I'm sure its more efficient to have gunner and commander separate.

but, frinik, I have to agree with your post. you said basically what I would have said.
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is online   Reply With Quote