View Single Post
Old 02-11-10, 12:45 PM   #756
BillCar
Engineer

Downloads: 73
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obltn Strand View Post
Practice makes perfect. I did two careers with auto targetting. After a while there is no challenge anymore.

1000m or so are maximum firing distance for me although sometimes I have to try my luck at greater distances.

Your 4000m is admirable BillCar I shot Orecarrier at distance of 5000m. Scored a hit to Auxilary cruiser at full 100% realism and no map update. But it had more to do with luck than skill. Can't complain though.
Thanks! I only took that shot because it was my last stern torpedo, the ship was passing the optimal gyro angle, and I was getting frustrated with maneuvering around it. So I said "well, this looks right to me" and let her go. I was very thrilled when she went to the bottom!

Your 5000m beats my 4000m handily, though!

But yes, I agree, 1000m is a good distance. I sometimes go up to 2000 on larger targets when pressed for time in convoy attacks, but that's about it.

I also don't have map updates on. One simply has to get proficient at whatever method of plotting and firing solution one chooses to use!
SH3: 100% Realism, DID, GWX 3.0 + SH3 Commander 3.2 + HITMAN'S BETA GUI FOR GWX 3.0 (in a word: AMAZING) + FM Interiors + SH5 Water + Thomsen's Sound Pack 3.2 + BillCar's Sonar Ping http://tinyurl.com/billcarpingmod

SH4: 100% Realism, DID, RFB / TMO1.9+RSRDC / OM+OMEGU.
BillCar is offline   Reply With Quote