Old 01-29-18, 09:01 PM   #1210
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi XS
Any particular reason why you are interested in the Stock Game?
What do you call essentials as that would not be a Stock Game once it is modded.

You should only need this 1 mod.
NDB > No Dam Bubbles
NDH > No Dam Halo
Peter
NDB/NDH: Unfortunately this doesn't work (what you write is also what I thought), it works after taking the cfg file from the other one and *keeping* the grafic file. I will make a entry in the mod threat section, I think the author did a mistake by assembling the files in the folders.

Then, unfortunately the entire FX Update clashes with the crew sound, some just vanish, that's a pity, I'm unable to locate what's wrong in which sound file.

On the bright side, I finally got an overall torpedo fix for the stock game by simply taking the TWoS files and compiling a mod by myself, this was not too difficult, the files are the same 2 ones, only that they really work with those of TWoS.

Very, very, very unfortunately the brilliant Stormy's DBSM mod will crash the stock game, no solution here, I get a Visual C++ error

Oh, and why I am interested in the stock game? 2 reasons; first I want to know if really there are hundreds or dozens or only some few annoyances that would impede players to play the stock game and which 'essential mods' must be applied against that. Knowing this, I can also answer with good confidence if asked: 'Oh Yes, go and play the stock game, but first do this....'
Second, I bought the game years ago and never played it without TWoS mod, so I'm just curious what Ubisoft has published out of the box...and seeing this famous tonnage bar properly in action, don't tell Weco about this...

For the moment , my most stable stock game version with all 'essentials' is:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Games\SilentHunter5\MODS]

NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith (not essential, but never complain about realism, HUD and icons you don't like, also no Teleport)
Torpedo Circle FIX (from TWoS)
DeckGun Friendly Waves (from TWoS)
Shooting Range - Single mission (not essential but have 1 quick training mission at least)
No_Damn_Bubbles_No_Damn_Halo_Mod_ADJUSTED (corrected by me)

Pre-requisites: Version 1.2.0 patched with TDW Generic Patcher

Still to fix:
Voice: 'Flooding under control...Flooding under control...Flooding under control...Flooding under control...Flooding under control....'
Ship sinking within seconds, ship parts magically disappear (better than constant dud torpedos, but...)
Artefact triangle at center horizon (gosh, it's in SH3 too, maybe HanSolo has a solution; it's rare in SH5 though, AA to max and Fullscreen in the options help a little)
Eliminate these stupid 'ship mark queues' that reveal the heading of an enemy on the map all the time (can be done with 'Real Navigation')
... If the list goes on, in order to correct we get to...yes, TWoS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 01-29-18 at 09:46 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote