View Single Post
Old 12-08-13, 02:29 AM   #11
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01 View Post
…a game where what you do can influence/change the course of history...
This impact of a single boat won't change the overall history but it should change some future battles.

I have two ideas how to implement this:

V1:
The crazy idea to implement historical accurate ship positions where it's possible. And to calculate different results of "offscreen" battles in the background if a ship is missing or survived because of the players impact before. So sinking a single battleship or let a german ship survive should end in a kind of chain reaction.

V2:
each side gets a pool of ships based on historical production rate of different ship types at that time. The game calculates the overall High Command AI for a set interval in the background and simulates results of battles by estimated chances (a bit like strategists war games would calculate it). You sink a destroyer and it's gone from the enemy pool… as a result you might have an extra U-Boat someday in your wolf pack because it survived, or this extra U-Boat sinks a battleship that you won't see in game anymore etc.

V2 would be much more dynamic and MUCH more easier to implement. V1 offers cheating by well known ship positions at a date.

WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - upcoming mobile U-boat simulation for iOS (later Mac, PC, Linux) • subsim forumfacebook
v-i-c- is offline   Reply With Quote