View Single Post
Old 02-11-08, 07:01 PM   #166
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Ok, we definitely have enough interest. Next step, I will research the costs, put together a sign-up sheet, and start taking reservations.

Any members who attended the 2004 Texas meeting will have first shot at staying at my place. If we do not fill up, I will open the slots for new attendees.

Unless anyone has strong objections, I will designate the Motel 6 near Hobby airport as the official lodging place for the meeting. This is the least expensive motel, but it's still acceptable (I stay at them frequently). This will allow cash-strapped travelers a nice clean place to stay without costing too much. Edit: it will also allow us to pick up everyone in one stop, instead of going around 5 motels to pick up people.

A room is $40 a night for one person, or you can buddy up with two large beds for $44 a night (which is $22 a person). You will need it for Oct 9 and 10, possibly Oct 12.

After we get closer to the date I will put up a buddy sheet, but you are encouraged to seek out other members you think you may want to split a room with at any time.

cheers
Neal

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 02-11-08 at 07:13 PM.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote