View Single Post
Old 09-04-10, 07:52 PM   #1560
StarFox
Engineer

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

Just got back from Patrol 14. Had a great time, 46,000 tons of shipping sunk, including a small ocean liner and a troop transport I caught in harbor. Needless to say the harbor patrol was not happy, barely made it out alive.

Ran into a Convoy on the way back, fired 5 torpedo's, 2 hits, 1 dud, 1 miss and I never found out what happened to the 5th one. Did major damage to a small tanker, but his pumps got ahead and he never sank. Knocked the screw off a whale factory ship, but he continued on as well.

Ran out of fuel on the way back at 1/3. Ran the last few miles on batteries. Some idiot (me) forgot to check the mine and sub net charts when returning, I managed to snag a sub net before making it back to Lorient, could not free myself because I ran out of fuel and the sub was up in the air (slight flaw in the game, it thought I wanted to use diesels since the conning tower was out of the water)

In the end, we had to wait until the storm cleared and got dragged off by tugs. The collision cost me the forward batteries, and 2 months worth of repairs to the U-123. Can't Imagine the commanding officer was too pleased when he got that call.....

Devoted fan of the SS United States, America's Flagship! I dream of her second life....

StarFox is offline   Reply With Quote