Old 07-05-10, 07:30 AM   #1487
Paul Riley
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 163
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snestorm View Post
Hmmm.
Am I the only one who has MAJOR aircraft problems in the far north?
Sometimes even along Norway's coast, they show up!
But usualy from North of Scottland, well north of Færøerne, and halfway to Island.
And ja, even in 1939.
The worst possible area for air attacks (later on) has to be the bay of Biscay,that area is lethal.Expect to make emergency dives almost every 30mins - 1hr as you attempt to break out/return to base...a true nightmare
And always try and get into the habit of travelling submerged on cloudy days as much as possible,sudden air attacks are terrifying! you should still be quite safe at night,until of course the development of the Leigh Light,which I myself have yet to encounter in the game.

Speaking of Leigh Lights are they as effective in the game as they were for real? (with GWX3 that is) I really cant imagine how demoralising it must have been to have been attacked at night without warning by aircraft then have your entire UBoat bathed in what can only be described as light from a bloody football floodlight! no more crash dive then,man the guns,pound the engines and zig zag like a madman,while reading verses from the bible.
Paul Riley is offline   Reply With Quote