View Single Post
Old 05-17-08, 08:40 PM   #655
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit
Hello OLC. May gods bless you and fill your footprints with pure silver!

I came back to SH3 world after buying a new PC (I can see smoke and water now, yeah!). I visited Subsim for latest GWX and what I see – another good mod by you. Thank you for that.

I've got 1 question – After installing your mod I don't see my U-Boot mark nor bearing overlay on the map in career mode (this problem seems to follow me even though I changed my PC, system and set of mods used). As far as I understand this thread and documentation, that's not an intended feature. I tried with "map updates" on and off, same effect. Do you think this is related to the mod? How could I fix that?

PS. Everytime I have a smoke while playing it reminds me of your tutorial video for OLC-GUI.

Okay, what "U-boot mark" do you mean?

As for the bearing overlay, that was removed from OLC GUI (the original mod) right at the start and I never put it back in - I don't want it! A quick forum search should find you plenty of posts saying how to get it back in OLC GUI 1.2.x, but it might be trickier to get it in OLC GUI Special without breaking other intended effects, because the of the Realistic Map Update changes. Anyway, the bottom line is that the lack of a bearing overlay is entirely intentional.