View Single Post
Old 07-08-20, 02:08 AM   #18
Stewy1
Girt by Sea

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 34

Sorry for the slight delay (was out of town for 3 days visiting relatives).

My NGFS Training Mission is now up on the downloads section - https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5625

Included is a fully detailed map of the Lesser Antilles, scheduled ship's bells, boatswain's calls and plan of the day, detailed NGFS serials, ASW serial and helo vertrep.

Readme:
Quote:
Here is a mission where you undertake two naval gunfire serials (and an added ASW serial) at the Vieques Naval Training Range.

It's Tuesday 18 October, 1983. Ronald Reagan is president, James Bond - 'Never Say Never Again' is the top of the box-office and 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' is #1 in the charts.

You're the Captain of the USS Underwood (FFG-36) and you've just completed the five-day NSFS Rehearsal (AMW-1-SF) course, conducted by Expeditionary Warfare Training Group Atlantic (EWTGLANT) at Roosevelt Roads Naval Station, Puerto Rico.

FIREX I (AMW-2-SF) exercises all naval gunfire missions with live fire at an NSFS range. Upon successful completion of this exercise, the ship is qualified as M-1 in Amphibious Warfare (AMW) for a year.

Put to sea from San Juan Harbor and follow the Puerto Rican coast to the east. Orders to follow.

Feedback welcome via the Subsim Forums.

P.S. - This mission was to be part of a longer mission involving the week before the U.S. invasion of Grenada. I've left in the daily intelligence briefs (and Grenada landmarks) for this time-period, in case you'd like to build in more of the mission or for your own interest.
Hopefully it's a bit of fun
Stew
Stewy1 is offline   Reply With Quote