View Single Post
Old 09-26-13, 07:26 PM   #24
Ardaeshir
Watch

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by biosthetique View Post
ha! ha! ha! If you are in the US Navy (or any DOD department from many countries), in the reserve, or retired, you have a duty to not reveal details for XX years.
Yep, that is very true. Not only are there very serious legal penalties for revealing information, but most military people will simply decline because of patriotism and professional sense of duty.

That's why its usually much more enlighting and pleasant to discuss "old" stuff (Ancient, WW2 or at best Cold war era) with military people so as not to get into these sort of convoluted "I know but can't tell" situations.

I know one (now retired) Russian and ex-soviet staff analyst. We came round togeatehr once and we had to evade all subjects related to our countries or modern doctrinal issues. (On the other hand we did have a blast talking about the 1980s Angola border war).

So yeah... modern warfare and doctrine issues can be problematic. That's just how things are in the gaming industry - don't expect to make a relaistic game about SWAT if you plan on asking actual SWAT to tell you how they run things
Ardaeshir is offline   Reply With Quote