View Single Post
Old 12-10-21, 09:52 AM   #5
Silent Otto
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I went ahead and plotted a course for the rendezvous point, and I could even see a yellow square where the other U-boat was supposed to be.

I could never make contact with him though. I just kept chasing his yellow square on the navigational map. I never made visual contact with him on the tactical chart. Very strange.

Had anyone tried to refuel? Any success? I suspect that this aspect of the game was left unfinished for some reason.

This is an old post but thought I would add my 2 cents for others that might be interested.

RE: CAOD

I remember years ago running short of fuel near the New York area of operation and upon reporting my fuel status to BDU (it was in the red and I had received the crew notification that fuel was low) they directed me to a milk cow some distance away.

The first time, I seen the contact on screen but it moved and I lost it in low visibility. Returned home by running on the surface at 2/3.

The second time I had the opportunity to rendezvous with a refueling U-boat, I actually made contact. You get close on the map and it "just happens", nothing to write home about. It's a disappointment!

I was expecting, wow a milk cow! I can top off fuel and torpedo's and double my score...NOT! No torpedo's get added and the amount of fuel is such that you are still in the top portion of the red and have enough to get home. I haven't bothered since and plan my fuel expenditures accordingly like my First Officer would have demanded anyway.