Thread: KSD Commander
View Single Post
Old 07-09-19, 12:17 PM   #8
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Also can anyone tell me if its normal to recieve a few enigma encoded messages when you dont have the enigma mod installed.
I did install the enigma mod but it was too time consuming for my liking so removed it. Today I still recieve encrypted messages. I started a new career and deleted all saves after uninstalling it.
I think I remember SH3 having a few encrypted messages thrown in for flavour.
It is normal...However , those message aren't there just for "feeling". They may contain some info which you may find useful but you won't lose your command if you just ignore them...

This is from TWoS QS Manual...

Quote:
- We have "Enigma" machine too ?
Yes! Thanks to the amassing SkyBa ron's work, SH5/TWoS features, for the first time in SH series, fully functional naval M4 Enigma
machine used by KM during the WWII. Due to some technical aspects of the game, when deciphering the message make sure to always
use encryption date contained within the message it self (ex. BDU 0600/1/10/39 18) and not the actual in game date. Players who do
not wish to use "Enigma" can always disable appropriate optional addon and ignore occasional encrypted radio traffic which can actually
contain some interesting data in form of earlier base transfer announcements, info about occasional scripted convoys with rare units, some
"easter egg" messages ect...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote