View Single Post
Old 06-03-20, 03:45 PM   #9
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Before I left SH 4 for a while i toyed round with promotion etc and made it so don't make rank so fast, so don't have a Captain commanding a submarine. Was fairly common for Lcdr to make Cdr after some good patrols during war time. Played around with the dates renown as well.

As a personal rule. I typically run a career for 4-6 patrols and then call it a career since historically 4-6 patrols and they were relieved. Some of the early war skippers got a second go, such as Lawson P. Ramage, who had some success in the Trout in 42/43 but came back with a vengeance in Parch in 1944, earning the Medal of Honor. I've played from start of war until the end, no big deal other than staying alive (lol). The ending is anti climatic, again something where devs dropped the ball. A more suitable ending would be if playing toward the end, receive a message to transit to tokyo bay as part of surrender.

What should be modeled in the game(if possible) is when player gets a new command, especially a new construction boat, should be a time break and even with new construction should have to go through sea trials etc. Something the devs should have modeled a long with new things. This would keep career tracks a bit more historical.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote