View Single Post
Old 06-10-09, 06:31 PM   #35
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
Well, ofcourse its still a Flightsim is it not?
Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX
did real life pilots have the chance of spawning mid air with the aircraft?
No, but this isn't real life and it never will be. More importantly, ROF has the ability to be two things: the player can fly under simulator difficulty (more realism) or under a more arcade style difficulty (more action).

And if you think you've flown a hard flight model before and can immediately step into ROF and fly with no problem under realistic settings, you had best take a step back and talk to the people who already own it. It's hard, putting it simply.

Quote:
and I think the same counts for WW1 aircombat nothing is more thrilling then a scramble.
Glad to see we agree on this then.

Quote:
No ofcourse not, it counts for pretty much any CFS, the faster and powerfull the aircraft are the faster situations change thats the only difference.
Exactly.

Quote:
You ever played Online Squadron vs the rest in a CFS?(or different game)
Yes. I used to be a part of Red Baron 3D's Jasta 5 MP squadron years ago.

Quote:
I did and our team (the rest) got our asses kicked...reason: perhaps 20-30% of the team played together the rest just took off whenever they wanted they didnt fly as a group and they didnt fight as a group.
and I didnt only experience this in a CFS I also did in a FPS.
Although now that I think about it, that really comes with pretty much any game, doesn't it? I mean, unless you have a passworded server, you'll always have rogues here and there.

Quote:
You reffered Russian players, not Russian ROF players.
Neobq is a Russian company, the game is only out in Russia (although CIS nations have it... but they're basically owned by Russia lol), Russians are the main people playing it ATM, and they're really the only people that you can come into frequent contact with on the net to chat with about it. Sim HQ has them on all the time.

Quote:
How can you compare anything to a WW1 FS other then a other WW1 FS
Engine capabilities, graphics, attention to detail, you know...

Quote:
and how can you call something that focuses itself just on WW1 to be the superior to date?
Because there's no other game like it in terms of the engine it uses to simulate the world and make gameplay what it is, the detail of the planes, and the scope it covers.

Quote:
you see it simply doesn't make sense to say ROF is the most realistic flightsim to date....as it doesn't model what other flightsims has to offer.
Such as? There's no other one in existence that has engine features like it. I mean, an actual air particle system? That's never been done before in a flight sim. And the damage model is also a first, not to mention the flight model. The graphics likewise are superior to all others in existence to date, and the AI has had the community in awe.

It's a historic game for flight sims that will most certainly set the standard for future ones. It's quite simple. You will not be able to find a flight sim that can surpass ROF in these fields.
Stealth Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote