View Single Post
Old 07-15-19, 10:28 AM   #11
Fidgety
Mate

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

OK, I found the extra buttons, including the player guidance button and tried enabling it, but still couldn't see any changes or new markers on the map. Checked my Captains Journal and the radio messages and also couldn't see anything about patrol grids.

OK, so, I made a mistake when I told you it was player guidence button. It was actually the first button on the right. When you click it on, a black and white square should appear on the top center of the screen. When you put your cursor over it you should get a tooltip that says "new objective". Anyway after clicking new objective a box should open up with your current orders in and that should tell you which grid to patrol.
When you click captains log, the window is split into three cloumns, on the left column it gives you your primary and ongoing objectives. The grid you are supposed to patrol is listed there in coloured writing.
When you complete a grid you will recieve a radio message giving new grid to patrol. when this happens you then have it recorded also in the ships journal / log. After you complete your first grid you should then get the "ONGOING" mission in the left hand column of captains log. If you are not getting any of the things I have just mentioned, then I think you have modded it out. The captains log that I mentioned is trhe most obvious place it is listed and I should have pointed you there to start with but I always use the other method. Only time i check captains log is sometimes to see what I sunk.

There is no markers that appear on the map. At least not for me with real nav turned on. Maybe you will get them but for me no.

BTW, have you told game to do time compression x1 when you recieve a new radio message? You can do this by clicking the radio button on the right had side, in the window that p[ops up there is a button on the bottom right that lists some time compresssion options. Theres also a option to recieve radio messages that you intercept when a enemy spots you or your persiscope. Just thought I would let you know as I have missed radio reports when this is turned off. When you arrive at your designated grid for the fist time, you should also recieve a radio message that tells you to patrol for 24 hours in a 120km radius.

Of course now that I know I can change pen colours I don't want to hide them anymore (maybe hide the other tools in the bottom left corner seeing as I still can't get the combat support units pen to do anything?) but not really fussed.
There is a tab in options file viewer called map. In this there is a option for default state of map tools. I have no idea what it does but maybe it hides the tools like you want? I'm not messing with it though. I dont use the pictured tools in bottom left either but they look kinda nice so I wouldn't want to remove them.

edit, I'm afraid that button I told you to press to show / hide the map tools was incorrect info. It actually shows hides the strategic map. Sorry about that,hope I didnt confuse you, but from the sounds of it you are good on that front anyway.

Last edited by Fidgety; 07-16-19 at 01:14 AM.
Fidgety is offline   Reply With Quote