View Single Post
Old 11-08-20, 01:04 PM   #9
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
To make sure there is nothing wrong with your windows 10 64 bit installation you can use the sfc /scannow method, it should only take a couple of minutes to do this.

To repair a Windows 10 installation using the SFC command tool, use these steps: Open Start. Search for Command Prompt, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. Type the following command to repair system files and press Enter: sfc /scannow

If there are any errors it will repair them, sometimes you need to run it again and check that its done them all. That should rule out any problems with win10 and that just leaves SH4 for you to fix.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.572]
(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

I tried that myself just yesterday and it wouldn't/couldn't fix my problem with a corrupted system .dll file. Only the system "restore" back to a previous restore point worked for me. I even used the DISM command method and again followed it with the SFC method which then told me I had a corrupted file and it supposedly fixed it. Went back into SH4 and the corruption was still there. Not saying it won't work, but for sure it doesn't work 100% of the time.

https://ubackup.com/windows-10/repai...nd-prompt.html

Member since February 2007

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote