View Single Post
Old 09-16-10, 04:25 AM   #1603
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSRCaseySmith View Post
Currently in my first career with only SH3 Commander however, Im going to download GWX 3.0 tommorow and see if my computer can handle it.

It is however 1940 and I have come across my first merchant in british waters while on my way to AM41.

Yes Im a n00b and do have auto targeting on but Ive been reading guides (especially this very nice one that illustrated) about how to manually target so Im trying my hand.

But back to whats at hand. My first merchant ship is abot 2000M off in the distance.. soo wish me luck?

EDIT:

Wow I need work, so I get close to the merchant, around 400m while at periscope depth, I lock on, get a decent solution, fire 1 eel, nada. Take a second shot. Nada again. A third almost yields a hit.. So close to her back end I could almost taste the steel. Yet No hit. So I fire a fourth. and miss yet again -_-.. by this point im frustrated and have no clue why my torpedos arent loaded into their tubes yet. after about a minute of watching the ship go left right, left and right again, I realize I need to man the torpedo rooms with men Lord im gonna get my men killed at sea So after they finally load an electric eel into the tube. I set the depth just below her draft, and for magnetic and fire. this time. Boom. I hit her right in the prop and stopped her dead in the water. I figure why waste another torp so I pull alongside her and deck gun her to death.... now onto my patrol grid (although most of my sailors probably are looking like this toward their Herr Kapt right now ---> except for bernard of course whose like so ) sorry for the long post .. I got excited
You need about 500m for the torpedo to arm but apart from that you seem to be doing just fine. GWX thoroughly recommended alongside Commander

To quote the mighty Jimbuna, 'be more aggressive', and 'sink 'em all'!