Deepslick
Seaman

Downloads: 346
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, Deepslick...

1st off, outstanding...

Love the music, to Me... it sounds as to fit in with the sense of urgency that was part & parcel, what with the situation of WW2.

That said... only 1 thing... I hesitate to say troubles Me, more of... a concern, that some tweaking, is in order & needed.

With regards to the speech... is near the tail end... is where I feel the tweaking needs to be. I that, Gene asks the COB, what the name of that boat is... & the response is... Alabama.

Now, being originally raised (not born there, I was born in N. C., @ the Cherrypoint MCAS hospital.. as My dad & mom, both served in the USMC... making this ol' fart, a MC brat, a distinction I take pride in.. ) in Bama... know that during WW2, there was no sub named Alabama.

Maybe a bit of editing to remove that segment perhaps, & let the rest still be included, would do the trick.

I would offer to do so... but, I wouldn't even know where to begin or what all would be needed to accomplish that.

Just know that this is... merely a suggestion, & not to be taken as criticism, as it's not... perhaps, at the end of the speech, when Gene calls out to the COB... perhaps edit it to drop it to where he gives the order to dismiss the crew... & let it roll on from there... again, this is just a suggestion.

Outside of that, concern... outstanding work...

M. M.

Hi and thanks for the reply. I agree with all you say and I did think about this but came up short of ideas. I made an edit and removed a small part to get the name out. I had already edited out things in the first part of the speech that didnt fit in with ww2. This file is 3 parts coming together as 1 in audacity and its not perfect.

I thank you for pointing this out and I think it fits better now.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8tt36...+LOOP.ogg/file
Deepslick is offline   Reply With Quote