View Single Post
Old 08-10-21, 06:46 PM   #8
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Best way to do this is to change eng_power values in the ship's .SIM files - can be done with Silent 3ditor. A little advice - don't pay attention to what a ship's horsepower was in real life; just adjust values down until you get realistic behavior.

that is what i did when i made my maneuvering mod but..........

when you reduce hp it also reduces sounds emitted by the ship so some ships had literally no sound until they were within 1000m of you

i got results i was very happy with by changing hp but that also breaks the sounds of the ships so in fixing one issue i created another whicch is why i consider my maneuvering mod a failure based on that

Quote:
Be advised, the side effect is that ships with slower response time have trouble maneuvering properly in convoys/task forces - when I lowered the hp I noticed more collisions & weird behavior after a torpedo attack/when ships are "scared". I suspect the developers exaggerated maneuverability to keep formations together because they couldn't develop more realistic ship maneuvering behavior.
yes but ships get into collisions & weird behavior after a torpedo attack/when ships are "scared" in the stock game, so its not a fix for that.

i think the developers wanted to increase difficulty so im pretty sure they used the motorcycle like rapid movements of ships in order to make the game more difficult, not to help with ships running into each other