View Single Post
Old 05-06-21, 04:15 AM   #55
easy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Destroyer academy...

Hello Mr Salwarowski,

Great that you are making a Destroyer game!

As a longtime, neither American nor British player of the Silent Hunter series, I would like to give you some advice regarding some sort of academy for DESTROYER.

My experience with this side of games is that many lessons are based on prior knowledge, no accounting for non-English speakers, no clear mouse pointer, no perfect English (so, a sort of a slang), often a bit of mumbling, using a lot of abbreviations, usually way too fast , moving the mouse over the screen like crazy so that the student not knows where to look at and not assume that a novice does not know why something has to be done! The student must understand why something has to be done like this!

Of course you want to sell as much of this game as possible! Then it's up to you to make sure that a newcomer can learn your game well!

I give you an advice:
Hire a well known teacher from primary or secondary technical education. A teacher who knows nothing about submarine combat but really, really wants to learn it! This man knows exactly how to explain complicated things to the unknowing!

I think you should spend a lot of energy and money on this kind of thing! Make it clear in the sale that an education expert has cooperated.

easy

Last edited by easy; 05-06-21 at 04:48 AM.