View Single Post
Old 02-04-20, 09:03 AM   #5425
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Sounds good! I know about the Cmdr. option to select a "Crew already in Sh3" but I seem to remember, that this never really worked for me, i.e., I never saw an option of different crews to be selected ...

How should this work in theory?
The crew "Already in SH3" function won't give you an option for different crews unless one adds different crew configurations to Commander.
That just means Commander will just use the crew files of the SH3 install you have. A "stock" Commander install will only have one other choice in this function, called "Realistic". You should see this in your Commander install.
One can make different crew configurations if desired, put them in the Commander Crew folder, and then they'd show up here.

My above reference was to the "Randomize crew names and experience" function in Commander.
No u-boat went to sea with a completely inexperienced crew, so I always select this for any career.

One can also keep using the same crew (minus any other transfers, dismissals, etc.) with a new Captain (say he gets promoted to a desk job) via the "Click here for available actions" function in Commander.
I also use this function every career as it too is more how things were actually done.

Last edited by John Pancoast; 02-04-20 at 05:44 PM.
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote