View Single Post
Old 05-26-23, 05:58 AM   #165
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The resolution of the G2 is the prime argument in its favour combined with its - for VR standards - low price. As I said before, for anything cockpit related where small details (gauges) must be readable and moving around in the room is not needed since you are stationary, the G2 is a top contender: flight sims, racing sims, driving sims. And I see your US Amazon has it right now for 435 dollars.

Stuff that needs precise handtracking in fast movement and unlimited tracking area (tennis rackets , table tennis, billiard sticks etc) works not so good or not at all on the G2.

I sometimes have red the G2 has had problems with AMD chip-based mainboards. I dont know the details, however, or how relevant this is.

--------------

I know somebody who got himself a Quest 2 recently and sometimes reads in here. Dont be discouraged when the official data says it does not support Google Earth and Streetview. Via hardwire link and using Steam's GE version many people seem to be able to operate this on their Quest 2 normally, some say they even did not need the wire. Google for "Quest 2 Google Streetview" and scan the results , mostly forum replies at reddit. It seems it can be done. I dont know the Quest 2 myself, so i cannot help with experience, sorry.

You want Google Earth VR. You need Google Earth VR. A life without Google Earth VR is possible, but pointless.