Old 09-13-16, 01:23 AM   #2
BarracudaUAK
Captain

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth_already_in_use View Post
Greetings everyone)

3)That is the influence of crew and their expertise on each comportment? I get, that WO staff influence the distance of target detection. Mechanist influence the speed (and probably fuel consummation?). But that influence of the command room staff, and torpedo room staff (outside reload speed)? Do torpdists influence the precision, speed and misfire chance? Is there any need to keep them except for reloading?

I'll just try to answer this question...
please keep in mind I've been playing SH4 more recently, so I may be "mixing" them...

Crew Efficiency main effects vary slightly by compartment...
Keep in mind, if the "Efficiency" drops too low, your crew won't be able to perform the job...

Torpedo room: The longer the bar, the faster your crew will reload torpedoes, placing an officer in the torpedo room will also reduce the time to reload a torpedo.

Deck gun: They will reload faster, and, in my experience, are more likely to hit the target.

Flak guns: Same as Deck guns.

Engine Room(s): Best I can tell is that a more efficient crew will switch and get the appropriate engines running quicker when surfacing or submerging.
I haven't noticed a lack of speed, or less range with a shorter bar, just that they take longer to switch rooms, and therefore take longer to get the "other" motors running.

Control Room: I've noticed a quicker response time, and greater accuracy in depth keeping, with a better crew.
To test, I modded a Type II to have a 25 knot submerged speed (similar to some newer German built submarines, from the 1980s/1990s), if the Chief Engineer was the only one with the qualification, they couldn't keep it level at more than ~14knots. (It looked more like a dolphin, than a submarine.)
If all 3 crew had the qualification in addition to the CE, they could hold it level to about 18 knots, and the sub got "iffy" on depth about 20/21 knots (a moded Type 9D2 can hold straight and level at 30+ with this crew config).

As far as your crew being fatigued when you find some action (or it finds you)...
until I get my crew "trained" (Qualifications, Medals, Promotions), I leave everybody in the "crew quarters" I put about half of my 'Qualified' Engine Crew in the Engine Compartment, and fill the rest of the slots with crew, then simply "double click" the Engine Compartment when the 'Exclamation Points' show up over their pictures, this will swap out the crew to the remaining (fresh) Qualified "PO"s and (fresh) Crewmen.

I add crew to the Torpedo Rooms only when I need to reload, and I remove them after the tubes are loaded. Keeps the crew "fresh".

Also keep in mind: Giving your 'Watch Officer' a "Watch", "Deck Gun" and "Flak Gun" qualification will help the Deck & Flak gun crews, so if you are at your max "Petty Officers" (varies by boat) you can still increase their effectiveness. In addition, he will have a decent "watch" rating, so you won't be "blind" on the surface while you have the guns manned.

I hope this helps, and I hope that I'm remembering this all correctly, played SH3 for about 6 years, now I'm unlearning SH3 to learn the changes in SH4.

Barracuda
BarracudaUAK is offline   Reply With Quote