View Single Post
Old 01-09-07, 02:57 PM   #1
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Default GFX Update for DW.

DW hasn't really had a GFX update at all. I have some models in various stages but I can't redo all the models that exist as was done with SCXIIC

If you remember after DW was first released I made a mod that took the SCX models and would install them into DW and I altered the databse accordingly for each relevant unit. Now I pulled the mod except for stuff I had made as it upset Thomas. Now I think this is a crying shame and Thomas has disappeared along with the rest of them. I sent a PM to Deep Six asking to use his models but no reply.

Now it has been 1 and a bit maybe 2 years??? since DW was released DWX never materialised and I think the guys here deserve some nice looking models.

I have decided to resurrect the model pack, include all the new models from SCX that replaced SCS models and send it out. I will list all credits as necessary and there will be no pretense on my part that I did all the work. Since I am stating my intensions from the outset I don't think it is unfair on the others like mbot, DeepSix who did the models and Mcarm, Ramius and Deep Six himself who did the paint jobs. Aprt from me it seems that there is no one else who was involved in SCX frequenting and posting in the DW forums. Over the past year or so I did PM Thomas about stuff but although he read the PMs he never replied.

If anyone thinks this is a bad idea please state so here and in a rational manner. I am only doing this for the good of the DW community.