View Single Post
Old 04-18-20, 07:59 AM   #4
NiceSub
Torpedoman

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel B. View Post
The Radar Navigation and Maneuvering Board Manual (Pub. 1310)

Select Chapter 6 - Maneuvering Board Manual and view or download.

You don't actually need a "maneuvering board", either. Graph paper (or even plain paper) will work just as well if you have a protractor & ruler. Many very complex maneuvering problems can be solved relatively easily this way.
Thank you, I think this helps and points to right direction. Will try some of the methods in game next time I spot a ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Are you using no map target updates? Do you have a mod that doesn't show ownship?

I normally will draw bearing lines from ownship out to the range of the target. Do it again a few minutes later, do it a third time a few more minutes later (you could do it every 3 minutes to get a direct estimate of speed or every 5 minutes and use a nomograph). You can then drawing a line of advance from first to last bearing/range to get the targets course.

If you are trying to do it while submerged, you can always take a look at the 4-bearing method - lots of plotting involved.
I play with map contacts off, the problem is if you move your ships while doing the measuring and drawing you need to take that in the account as well.
NiceSub is offline   Reply With Quote