View Single Post
Old 11-19-14, 10:50 AM   #1990
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
true, there is propaganda on both sides, but the "Big Lie" these days is all coming from the Russian side. The Ukrainian version of events has turned out to be on the whole accurate.

There is so much evidence of Russian involvement now that it is hard to keep track of it all. For example, video of Russian tanks moving into Donetsk on november 10th:

If you look carefully, you will see the tanks have markings on the side (H-22-00) which are used by the Russian railway system:

Actually, most of the violations are coming from the Russians which are sending more troops into Ukraine and have been pushing/attacking out, especially around the Donetsk airport.

Sanctions will not be looked at until the Russians show they are serious about resolving the situation. If anything, it looks like the economic pressure will get worse. For example, there are reports that the Saudis, at the behest of the U.S., are flooding the market with Oil to drive the price down and put more pressure on the Russian economy.

Is that really the Russian viewpoint? seems very paranoid.
I do not deny that Russia supplies volunteers and equipment to Ukranian separatists. However do you have any direct evidence about regular Russian Armed Forces participating in that conflict on substantial scale, as you appear to claim?

So Ukranian loyalists do not bombard Donetsk (and other areas, Donetsk currently has water problems which make heating difficult), they did not commence offensive operations or pass the economical blockade legislation, they did not take out long range artillery from the storage? Ok. What Russia is doing at the moment is maintaining status quo in the region, no more no less.

As I said - there are no clear conditions and thus Russia is not capable of fulfilling them. Hence there is no possibility of ending the sanctions, regardless of Russian action or inaction.

This is not paranoia - this is what current Western (particularly US) rhetoric is about. Do you want me to provide example of such rhetoric?
ikalugin is offline   Reply With Quote