View Single Post
Old 09-23-10, 02:22 AM   #176
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

@Rubini,

thanks for sharing this detailed information (which one should keep in mind for the future). I am very sure that my repair time modification does nothing more than enlarge repair times, because it simply changes one factor. nothing more. but of course it changes the gameplay situation when damaged (repairs need more time now and so damage can cumulate). and because of this, now some side-effects of the U-Boat-Keel mod (is it the Seabed Repair Mod from Mikhayl?) which have been invisible so far, now maybe become visible.

But even if that is a bug: it only occurs seldom according to your observation. couldn't it be interpreted as an unforeseen failure of an heavily damaged u-boat for which noone has an explanaition. I think that unpredictability is some kind of realism.

@ALL (who are interested):

Currently I am thinking about 2 things:

1) 1WO - Nearest visual contact: Should I enlarge the range steps to 2000m for ranges > 10000m? This would make long range plotting more inaccurate.
Or are 1000m steps enough inaccurate / more realistic?

2) WP: Should I also try to make the firing solution of the Weapons officer more inaccurate the same way (Weapon Officer / Torpedo attack / Firing Solution). That surely would make sense, although I will play manual targeting without help of Weapon Officer.

But: Changing the WP firing solution could result in too bad firing solutions and so it will need fine-tuning (and many controverse discussions) in the future. and also at the moment I don't know if I can consider the experience / competence of the WP to modify the solution. Another problem is that these changes cannot fit all flavors. For some people they are too inaccurate, for some not. I fear a little bit to make those changes, and since I will not use the WP assistance, it's not worth the effort (for me) and not worth the risks every hardcoded change involves.

h.sie

Last edited by h.sie; 09-23-10 at 04:27 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote