View Single Post
Old 03-22-17, 09:01 PM   #101
DicheBach
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
Did you follow my installation sequence correctly?
Nope! But I will

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Now, before you get too far there DicheBach, you use Rockin Robbin's SH4CMS for your various install foldes - first things first though, make a pristine backup copy of the fresh install... You use MultiSH to make separate "Save" folders for your games. MultiSH is small enough, I put a separate copy in each "root" game folder, and likewise with JSGME, leaving the "ini" files for each. So I've got a "D:\Games\FotRSU\etc.", a "D:\Games\Ralles\etc.", a "D:\Games\GFO+\etc.", a "D:\Games\SH4v15\etc.", and a "D:\Games\TMO25\etc."... That's on this little dual-core, which when I have to use RR's SH4CMS (FotRSU changes more often than my underwear!), it brings me back "Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific", which I then move and rename. My other computer is set-up "fully CMS-compliant"... tic - The MultiSH in each of those folders then directs those particular "game sets" to the respective directory, such that the FotRS is set to "Save" in "C:\My Documents\FRS", Ralles goes into "RMS", GFO goes to "GFO", and Stock goes to "SH4" (how inventive, eh?) and TMO goes into "TMO"...
I did follow Robbin's directions for installing SH4CMS (the second or third time, after my gut intuition led me astray! ). My install sounds very similar to yours except . . . I think when you say you have a "D:\Games\FotRSU\etc.", a "D:\Games\Ralles\etc.", a "D:\Games\GFO+\etc.", a "D:\Games\SH4v15\etc.", you mean that you have multiple copies of the game installed. I could do that, but I would think it would take up more disk space, which I'm a bit short on till I get off my ass and plug in that TB HD I bought years ago and have yet to use . . . That said, I think effectively what I'm doing is the same. I've got a MOD folder inside my SH4 game directory. I use JSGME to activate FOTRS when I want to play that one (and tell SH4CMS to point at the corresponding save directory) and then deactivate/reactivate a different mod (and point to a different location) when I want to try some other permutation of mods.

Please advise if the way I'm doing is pointless and I could get away with only one copy of all the core assets.

ADDIT: Awrigteee! Lookin' a lot better with this install! Thanks for reposting those directions Bleiente.

Seeing a different intro screen (with TMO and RSRDC listed) and different background slides, etc. so I'm probably good to go.

Last edited by DicheBach; 03-22-17 at 09:24 PM.
DicheBach is offline   Reply With Quote