View Single Post
Old 03-24-20, 02:05 PM   #642
Beach Bum
Swabbie

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
Default Failure to Start

FAKE EDIT: I'm leaving this here as a billboard of shame... see the last lines before composing a reply.

Hello folks,

Having a bit of an issue getting the game to load. I have burned up a dozen or so gigs of bandwidth redownloading the Steam version of SH4 today ensuring I am doing this right. Here's what I'm doing, just so I give you devs a comprehensive procedure so that you can tell me what I'm doing wrong (because Wolfpack345's livestream video has got me hooked and I want to play)

System Data:
Win10 Pro N
i5-8600K, 16gb RAM, 1070Ti
Install on SSD
Steam Library folder installed to SSD root
  1. Delete SH4 saves folder
  2. Install SH4 via Steam to C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific
  3. Run LAA on SH4.exe
  4. Create JSGME "Mods" folder
  5. Run JSGME "Snapshot" task.
  6. Extract FotRSU folder to "Mods" from archive
  7. Enable FotRSU via JSGME
  8. Run SH4.exe

When I run SH4, the opening video and cinematic play without issue. The problem occurs when the splash screen loading bar fills up, and I start getting dialog boxes in the background stating "File Not Found: [blah]" and there's like a billionty of them (at least, I'm not quite willing to wear out my spacebar finding the end). They seem to repeat. Example:

https://i.imgur.com/rXDHlBa.png

I'm at a bit of a loss here. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

*FAKE EDIT: I FOUND OUT I WAS INSTALLING THE NON-UBOAT VERSION THE WHOLE TIME BECAUSE THE UBOAT VERSION WAS IN MY FAVORITES CATEGORY Let this be a lesson to the rest of you!

Game loads fine now that it can find all the files it's looking for. Hope to post some tonnage reports soon! (elsewhere, of course)

Last edited by Beach Bum; 03-24-20 at 02:14 PM.
Beach Bum is offline   Reply With Quote