View Single Post
Old 06-28-17, 11:41 AM   #49
shipkiller1
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julhelm View Post
So how do the storage racks actually work? I always assumed you could pick any weapon from anywhere on the rack using something like a powered traverse, but it sounds a little more complicated than so.

And what is it like on subs that have bow tubes?
Actually no, its not.

The layout of the 688 (all flts) is, there are two outboard stows (port/stbd &upper/lower), and the middle (inboard) stows (upper/lower). In between the outboard and inboard stows, are the hoists. There is a hoist both port and stbd. The hoist is used to relocate a unit from upper to lower to lower to upper.

In the original picture at the beginning of this thread, it showed a unit on the no. 1 load line (tube 1). A unit is unlocked from its stow and locked onto something called the rabbit. The rabbits are hydraulically operated and move (shuttle) the unit port or stbd. Then the unit is unlocked from the rabbits and locked into the new stowage location.

From a game play perspective, I think having the ability to move weapons around in the room not a smart play. It adds too much complexity to the game and something I do not want to have to deal with while making an approach. Do you think the CO determines where each weapon is stowed in the room. No, The Weps and head Torpedo Man (TM) do. If you really want to drill down on this, there are different software versions of ADCAPS and different software versions have different capabilities... If the CO and Weps discuss that they need a specific software variant, they just tell the TM's to get it loaded into a specific tube. The CO does not need to know everything that is going on down in the room to make this happen... He has other things on his mind.

As to bow tube boats, we have not had any of those for a long time.
shipkiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote