View Single Post
Old 02-19-21, 04:16 PM   #6410
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Germany reports the falling numbers are stagnating now. The share of the British variat amongst infecfitons is rising, and this might be the reason why over here we expect that numbers will raise again. Flensburg in the upper Noth (borde rto Denmark), is under cuirfex at night and extremely trict lockdown rules now, their numers exploded with the British strain. Next week many schools will open again.

The herd immuhtiy has been put into question before already, Rockstar. In severla countries where the y hoped for it and felt encouraged to reach it by earlier trends, now nobody speaks of it anymore, and some even argue that teh mutations are a valiabkle adding a dynamic that will prevent it, both in speed of infections, and imune protections. We need to wait and see. But to take it for granted it will be a reality soon is - well, very early.

The virus is very, very eager to mutate, I red yesterday. They see this in that in past weeks therey found - I forgot the exat number - seven or seventeen mutations of the British mutation B.117 already that all were very similiar and only showed minor differences. The snmall differences mean the virus almost "systemtically" tests every niche and every opportunity to become more successful in spreading itself. A comment I heard earlier this week said this is a faster mutating virus than most others, even for the standards of the family of Corona virusses in general, which already are fast mutating virusses.

And one mutation that bypasses the current vaccines, is enough to throw our efforts back by months and months. I think this event is just a question of time, according to Murphy'S law: what can happen, sooner or later must and will happen.
How many different mutations of the other types of coronaviruses have occurred? It's so many, along with rhinoviruses, that we've never been able to keep up to obtain a cure for the common cold. Covid-19 will continue to mutate to ensure that people are able to harbor it so it can continue to replicate, with every mutation ever likelier to contain making it less and less able to cause serious illness or death for most people. That's what viruses do. That's essentially their whole reason the existing is to get replicated. Ebola, in comparison, kills too quickly to allow it time to mutate to be less deadly in humans.

Just as important as asking what the chances of serious illness from covid are, we also need to be asking what the rate of serious side effects from insufficiently tested vaccines are? The CDC has a VAERS tool that lets you search in adverse reaction - and there are already a ton of them - bells palsy, death, etc.

Are we killing people at a higher rate by vaccinating them than they would be dying if they got infected?
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote