Thread: The Hunter
View Single Post
Old 01-25-23, 08:59 AM   #408
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Well it wasn't me

None of these games have Ruffed Grouse, which I grew up hunting. Those things would scare the bejeebus out of you when they flushed. All thunder and flapping wings in the heaviest cover. Good luck!

Good advice mate about waiting for a sale. And for some of the stuff I will wait. But some other stuff cannot wait haha. I've been looking to pick up a proper big game rifle. Something for class 9 animals. And then I can head off to Africa. At the mo, the only thing I have is the Drilling rifle, and that thing's not my style.

So the choice is either the .300 or the .338. One is locked behind DLC and both are expensive. So I've been trying to save my money, only buying ammunition when needed, and have 73k. A few grand more for the rifle and a couple boxes of ammo and I'll head off to Africa.

Which means I'll be buying the Yukon DLC to unlock the Canning. I've now hunted all the maps I have, which is six of them. There are twelve overall. I'll wait for a sale for the others I hope.

If the .338 were a bolt-action I'd get that one. Not a fan of break-action guns. Or side-by-sides for that matter. I do like over/unders, levers, bolts and automatics. Pumps are in the middle, having used a 20 gauge Winchseter for years. And actually, my very first gun was a single-shot break action 20 ga. It's what I learned with, took the hunter safety course with. You'd think I'd be fond of them, but nah

Having dropped a lot more time in to Call of the Wild I'm digging it. Some of the item locks are frustrating (like why do I have to have high mastery to buy small game arrows?) but overall it's a lot of fun. Took my longest shot (vitals) out to 321 yards last night. Elk dominate the top of my trophy table. Predators are a real trip in this game, getting attacked is common enough to keep you on high alert depending on the reserve. Shooting percentage is 90% and I hope to keep it there, but wolf packs cause panic don't you know.

The bow hunting is a lot of fun and the sheer variety of terrain and animals keeps it interesting as I bounce around the world. Call of the Wild is far more generous in terms of carry restrictions than Way of the Hunter. Generous, not realistic, as I was carrying a .308, .223, 22LR, .357 revolver and a compound bow on the hunt last night. Nice to have options haha.