View Single Post
Old 07-27-17, 05:04 PM   #398
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Maybe it comes from the fact that you modified height values in the 'forbidden' border of the square ?
That's a bit strange actually. The island I have added is close to the bottom border of the square it belongs to, that's true, but when a square is extracted, what we get is not simply the 1-deg/120-km/120-pixel wide height map of that square + 3 pixels on each side from the height maps of the surrounding squares, as I had initially understood. What we get is instead a 366 sq. pixel map, containing height data of nine squares (the central square being the one we are interested in) + (again) 3 pixels on each side from the second nearest squares. For that reason, the Ile se Sein is not actually close to any border, at least not in the raw file I have edited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Oh yes, sorry, I forgot about that.

I set it as artillery type, because the unit was not attacked by Nelson during my test mission to see if the unit could be destroyed. But it didn't solve the problem. So I added the .sim file, and it solved it. Then, I forgot to write the original value of 408 for the unit's type. Sorry about that.
No problem, I would have done the same, and probably you are right in thinking that a normal unit wouldn't attack an 'environmental' unit, even if that was in the roster of an enemy country
gap is offline   Reply With Quote