Old 12-27-20, 04:54 AM   #107
ljqcn101
Sailor man

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatThuVoBui View Post
Maslas, the most simple way I can say it is this:

If you ACTUALLY manage to pull off a modern SSN submarine simulation that at least matches SH5 + TWOS levels of realism or greater, then I will personally buy 3+4 copies and gift them to my friends and spend HOURS on your game easily!

Good luck!
I'd say DW / Sub Command / Jane's 688i levels of realism or greater, since you'll be spending most of your time staying deep underwater and playing with passive sonar / towed array / demon display / manual TMA. The level of details in ocean acoustic environment simulation, weapon system and sensor modelling really matters here, more so than just periscope, TDC, weather and wave simulations in Silent Hunter series.

As for previously mentioned external view, honestly I couldn't care less about it and other eye candy things like conning tower for a hardcore simulator. It would be a plus or good to have thing but certainly less priority than acoustic environment, weapon and sensor modelling.

Also for the devs, would there be Maneuvering Board included at the nav station so we can do some proper plotting using real life techniques?

Last edited by ljqcn101; 12-27-20 at 05:56 AM.
ljqcn101 is offline   Reply With Quote