View Single Post
Old 06-09-21, 10:20 AM   #9
FireDragon76
Bosun

Downloads: 111
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
It's not for a lack of trying. My understanding is that the database is the only thing that can be modded. The game is not open source so there is no way to modify the graphics engine or anything like that.

BTW, I just wanted to say thanks for your Youtube videos, they have been helpful in learning to play the game. A picture can be worth a thousand words. I am not a die-hard simulation fan (I'm more of the "Silent Service/Red Storm Rising/Cold Waters" school of subsims), but your videos have permitted me to get into this game.

Commanding the subs, the 3D graphics are almost irrelevant so I hardly use them. For now that's my solution to the issue. The 2D graphics are fine and incorporate dithering so that isn't a problem.

The sound engine is another thing that isn't really up to snuff. It wasn't even really all that good back in 2005. Silent Hunter had a much better underwater sound engine, without the constant pops and crackle of Dangerous Waters. But again, it doesn't really stop me from enjoying the game.
FireDragon76 is offline   Reply With Quote