View Single Post
Old 02-04-09, 06:42 AM   #915
ustahl
Watch Officer

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 0
Default Commands restoring mini-mod

Some people may prefer to continue using the command layout they are used to, be it the stock or a self-tweaked commands set, after installing a big mod pack like TM, which alters the commands layout.

As an easy fix you can make a little commands mini-mod like this:
Before installing the big mod pack that changes the commands layout, make a copy of Data\Cfg\Commands.cfg and place it in a new folder named, say, My Commands, with the aforementioned folder structure. This My Commands folder is your mini-mod for restoring your familiar commands layout. Put it into the Mods folder and activate with JSGME after having installed TM mod. My Commands will overwrite the changed commands from TM and thus restore your familiar commands set. Of course your restored commands are not in sync now with the commands help function in TM, but you probably know your old commands by heart anyway. (If you want the help function to correctly reflect the restored commands layout you would need to make the relevant changes within Data\Menu\Help.)
I have tested this without any problems.

This is not to offend Ducimus in any way, it's just a suggestion for an easy alternative.
If Duci thinks this commands restoring mini-mod might cause operational problems/conflicts with TM, I'd like to know.