Old 05-21-22, 11:48 PM   #30
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter301 View Post
OK found a second main.cfg file when I backed up from my C: drive to this computer and found "this PC/documents/SH4/data/cfg"
This .cfg was formatted exactly as the one in the game directory word for word when I put them side by side using Notepad.
There are 2 other cfg files in the one under documents labeled GFXSetting.cfg and gameplaysettings.cfg
That would be the one that sometimes get mangled by Windows.

So, the [Time Compression] set of settings was there, then...

Then that would not be the "Game Paused" syndrome then... with the black screen.

I've never ran into that occurring, of having a totally black screen & that being stuck, like that to the point of having to force close SH4.

those 2 other .cfg files, pertain to graphic's/options for in game... and... to the best of My knowledge, nothing there... that would cause that occurring... either.

Those, as they stand right now... without the game loading fully, as it should nor... knowledge of the correct editing to do, would still be in default set up.

So, as it goes there with them 2... can put them out of sight... out of mind.

Ok...

try this that I will outline... & see if that allows the game to load up:

1st off, open up 2 folders... in the 1st folder, locate your SH4 install... then in the 2nd folder open up documents & find the SH4 save folder

Before doing this editing... make sure to make a back up copy of each main.cfg, putting #1's back up, in a folder named 'main.cfg SH4 install back up' & #2's in a folder named 'main.cfg save folder copy', make those folders there on your desktop so to make finding them easy when you will need them afterwards... & as a safety measure... in case things go south, badly.

Good rule of thumb, to follow any time you go to edit files of a notepad persuasion...

After making those back ups... can close this folder for that, out... won't need it for now, at any rate.

In the #1 folder, find the main.cfg copy (that's the one, inside the SH4 install, & where that is found \Data\Cfg\main.cfg)

Open that with note pad & change the following section from:

[VIDEO]
Resolution=1024,768,60,22
DynamicShadows=No
FullScreen=Yes
Synchronized=No
TextureResolutionHigh=Yes

to read, as follows:

[VIDEO]
DynamicShadows=No
FullScreen=No
Synchronized=No
TextureResolutionHigh=No

click on 'File' then select save & click it.

Next, relocate the # 2 main.cfg file (that's the one in documents) & do the following changes to that one, in the same area:

Open that with note pad & change the following section from:

[VIDEO]
Resolution=1600,900,60,22 My native monitor's settings here, but it should read whatever your monitors native rez is
DynamicShadows=No
FullScreen=Yes
Synchronized=No
TextureResolutionHigh=Yes

make the following changes so it then reads, as follows:

[VIDEO]
DynamicShadows=No
FullScreen=No
Synchronized=No
TextureResolutionHigh=No

After that's done... click 'File' & select 'Save'

minimize both folders...

Now, try booting up the game & according to the info I watched, it should boot up.

Afterwards, on successful boot... should be able to go into the graphics option settings & set the monitor resolution back to your native one... close out & reboot back up, normally.

M. M.