Old 05-21-22, 07:53 PM   #25
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter301 View Post
So you saying there's nothing wrong with my .cfg file?

I have a sneaky suspicion my problem is going to have to do with what I have my resolution set to.
Between the time I stopped playing SH4 and now I purchased a new 49" 4K/UHD T.V. that I use as my monitor because it had the higher refresh rate that I needed when I started playing DCS flight sims.
That's the only thing I can think of that changed.
With the main install of SH4 main.cfg, then in that case no... the 1 that may possibly be a problem child... would be the 1 that resides in the save folder, normally located in the Documents section of the hard drive.

For some odd reason... Windows, will take it in its own hands to do some... less than creative editing of that file... no idea as to why, much less how... BUT...

that section titled: [TIME COMPRESSION]

will end up wiped out, deleted, erased from existence there in the save folders copy of main.cfg ...

Thereby, causing what's known as... the dreaded paused game syndrome... with no way to unpause it, but...

to copy the [TIME COMPRESSION] section from the install folders copy of main.cfg & paste it in to the save folders copy, in the same area as the install copies is positioned, where it belongs & save.