Old 07-29-20, 11:15 PM   #34
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJester View Post
I just checked the Steam page for the u-boat missions and it doesn't have those submarines. I can give it a go in trying to fix it. But I don't have the mod and I've tested it, exclusively, on FotRSU mod.

For now, try deleting these files: Uboat9D2_CT_int_halo, Uboat9D2_RR_int_halo, Uboat18_CT_int_halo, Uboat18_RR_int_halo (Disable the mod first, then from the mod folder delete these files)

Then tell me if the problem persists.

Looking at the picture shared by johnmarrington, I'm starting to suspect it might be int_halo, lighthalo and/or lightspot. If so, then deleting those files might work('ll have to add this to the readme)

EDIT: Here's the updated mod. Converted a few other textures to DXT1, lowering its size and improving the memory management. See if this helps. https://sharemods.com/9714i4hhac1q/D...eta_2.zip.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Hey Jester,

I shall see of checking the 1st mod, taking out the mentioned items & putting them into a folder outside of the game... and see if in doing that works. Will download and check the update & see if that works with Operation Monsun: Dark Waters v6, and report back on what I find out...

M. M.

p.s.

Mod, as it stands (the original 1, that is..) works fine with FotRS: U-EN... looks great with it.
Hey DrJester,

Ok, This is a report on My findings, after running further testing of the mod in conjunction with Operation Monsun Enhanced: Dark Waters, as follows:

After deactivating the mod in JSGME, I went into the folder itself, took out these files: Uboat9D2_CT_int_halo, Uboat9D2_RR_int_halo, Uboat18_CT_int_halo, Uboat18_RR_int_halo (Removed them from the mod folder, rather than deleting, so as to be able to replace them in, in the event this step did NOT do the trick). Removing them, of course, DID NOT fix the boxy halo around the interior lights aka light bulbs... so, I replaced them back in.. then moved on to the next item to check out in the list of possible suspects.

int_halo:

I removed this from the original mod folder (DrJester's Environment Overhaul) & tucked it away, again in the same folder on My desktop that I stuck the previous files in... then proceeded to test run the game...

and.. struck pay dirt. Halo's for Me, were gone... light from the bulbs, of course, still shined from them.

I did test the beta 2 version, as is, and with it.. did NOT run into any box halo's... and that test run, was with the mod exactly as it came out of the zipped box. I did cross check it against the original mod, before running My testing I outlined above with the original mod.

Any way, that is the end results from testing...

M. M.