View Single Post
Old 03-20-19, 05:52 PM   #28
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by techsubdiver View Post
One guy unpolitely mocks content makers...
content makers - LOL. One question: did you downolad and play this scenarios? Im sure not. You know why i kwow about it? Because those missions are unplayable and you even don't know about it.

Quote:
...for not delivering a perfect download or because it is from 688 (who the heck cares?)
You don't understand. Download was ok, and nobody cares is this missions are from 688 H/K or SC. But someone did great job making this missions available for playing under DW+RA and they were described as "missions from 688 HK". So i think its "not polite" to change name of mission file and playable platform and call it "its my new missions" because it misleads players.

I was only one who did test of these missions because nobody (even pseudo author) hadn't time or patience to change manualy wrong strings in txt edidor or mess with game database every time when you want to play Fearless version. It proved in my video from game - check post #4
Its very easy to accuse someone without even little research.

Quote:
... and who also does a neat job in scaring anyone away from the DW and RA mod threads
Guy made mission pack only for himself without any word about it's in fact little moddified someone else work and you suggest me it was great work for DW community? In my opinion it's not only useles but also unfair for real missions designer and modder.
I hope next time these kind of "mission designers" will think twice about releasing broken, useless and violating intellectual property and good manners stuff.
Thinking they doing something usefull for DW community is very naive.

Quote:
And you know who suffers the most... The small dw community here.
Active community mostly suffers from subsim DW politic. Nobody upload own missions here because subsim don't allow for something more than empty maps with some names and lines - without any task, ships, playable platforms etc.
I've tried few times but subsim always plays in cat and mouse (yyy said: it's not my role to upload, talk to xxx. Later and : its not my role to upload missions, talk with yyy and so on)
If you want to find new missions for DW subsim is not good place. Check redrodgers, Betasom, or one of discord channels.

Quote:
Some of us however should re-learn to show some respect
I agree. Calling others "douche-hat" shows very low level of manners.
Can you say something about my manners?

Quote:
and at least show some appreciation for the free work
Exactly! If you use someones work, you should write about it.

Quote:
Decades ago things were different in the naval modding scene
True, because decades ago naval modding scene didn't exist

Last edited by p7p8; 03-20-19 at 06:01 PM.
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote