Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoga_77 View Post
My os is Win 10.
My install path is D:\LSH3-2020.

I have tried to run the SH3 installation but I get a msg stating that SH3 is not compatible with Win10.
Just out of curiousity... your plain, unmodded install of SH3... how do you have the folder for that install you did off the disk.?

It should be named SilentHunterIII or SilentHunter3 or SH3...

As John, said... make sure that folder is NOT in either \Program files

Or \Program files (x86)

When you run the installer for LSH3-2020, it will have you point it at your 'unmodded' plain jane install of SH3.... aptly named as I mentioned above.

(If I am NOT mistaken, it will then do the following...)

It will then copy those files from there, add in the needed files for LSH3, patch as needed, then drop it where you tell it to do so.

I told it at that point, to drop LSH3-2020, into C:\Games\SH3

&.. it did so.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.

Edit:

Just took a look at that snap shot you posted... that is a whole different ball game.

Do that search John mentioned of, about a work around for that protection... or google search 'theberbster subsim' (without the ' ' comma marks) they have a lot of info on SH3 & iirc, a tutorial about starforce removal, I think it was...

either that, or go to Ubi & grab a fresh downloadable copy of SH3... & follow what I mentioned above to do...

M. M.

Re-edit:

forget searching, here is there main page, just click the link for 'LSH3-2015', then scroll through the list of tutorials he has hot listed there & find the one/s, on starforce...

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=303079

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 12-24-20 at 07:18 AM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote